Tuesday 4 January, 2011

Get A Life !

Buried under a majestic blanket
clutching it tight to hide myself
crumpled, compact, embraced in my own arms
feeling like a tiny Lilliputian elf.
As my tears turn the sheets soggy-wet,
I'm drowning deeper into a sea of disappointments
vulnerable and hurting like a new born child
I lost track of reality, was dazed by my sentiments
But when the night phased out, and the linen was all soaked
I ran out of tears, and my heart lost the strife
against my head that said "get out of bed right now.
Cuz today is the day that we get a life!"
Off slipped the blanket , In shone the sunlight
Out blew the curtains revealing a brighter world
And I found some strength to stand up on my feet
and wipe off my tears as a new day unfurled.
I got rid of my attire of a mourning wife
and sorted out the best clothes I was saving for later
got all dressed up and decked up with a shot of bling
I killed the old Me, Cuz the new Me's bolder, stronger, better!
All dressed up and nowhere to go?
a tragic melodramatic climax, with violins and fife?
No thanks, now that won't be my story again anymore!
Cuz I'm all set, ready and unstoppable to get a life!

No comments:

Post a Comment